What does twentysixtyseven mean to you?

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Outsourcing

Recently I've been noticing that a lot of the call centers I call are Americans. For instance, I just got a Sprint PCS phone and have been calling them for some pretty basic questions (that they should have answers to in a forum on their website.) I'm actually annoyed that I'm not hearing an Indian voice on the other line. Having americans answer my calls just makes my service more expensive, I'm only asking basic questions. I think some call centers may not be outsourced because the company fears the public will be turned off by somebody with an indian accent, and that's probably true.

We need to better educate the public on the benefits of such social changes as outsourcing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with moving call center jobs over to india, and for that manner, there is nothing wrong with moving any 'skilled' jobs offshore that are cost effective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home